India is the seventh-largest country geographically and the second most populous country in the world. India is also home to myriads of historic places as it was under the rule of numerous Kings, Queens and Britishers.
Below are top 3 historic places in India which you must visit at least once.
• It is an ivory-white marble historic building standing on the bank of Yamuna river in Agra.
• Built in 1628 by Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan; Taj Mahal is one amongst the 7 wonders of the world.
• Shah Jahan built Taj Mahal in loving memory of his wife Mumtaj Mahal around her tomb.
• Taj Mahal also contains the tomb of Shah Jahan.
•Beautiful gardens surround the three sides of Taj Mahal.
•An estimated amount of Over 32 milllion were spent in construction Taj Mahal in 1653.
• Ustad Ahmad Lahauri supervised the construction of Taj Mahal.
• Over 8 million people from around the world visit Taj Mahal in every year.
Below is a link to the Wikipedia page of Taj Mahal for more reads
•Located in Karnataka, Hampi has a cultural, historical and scientific form of significance. Besides. it is one of the most beautiful historic places in India.
• The beautiful and enchanting city was the capital of the Vijayanagara Empire in the 14th century.
•In addition to being the world’s second largest medieval-era city, it was also a wealthy city with many temples, trading markets
• In Hampi, you can see forts, royal complexes, temples, shrines etc.
Places to visit in Hampi
• Virupaksha temple
Virupaksha temple is a temple of Lord Shiva. King Deva Raya II of the Vijayanagara empire, bulit this temple. Covered in beautiful and complex carving. it is one of the most sacred temple in Hampi. And still stands intact even after the attacks of the sultanates.
• Matanga Hill
If you love hiking, then visit Matanga hills. Besides, the stunning sunrises and sunsets should be on your must-see list.
• Vijaya Vittala Temple
The temple is made of stone structures with amazing carvings on them. And it is famous for the musical pillars and moving stone chariot. King Devaraya II built this temple for Lord Vishnu.
• Hampi Archeological ruins
When Vijayanagar Empire was defeated by the coalition of sultanates, Hampi was destroyed by the sultanates and it remained in ruins since then.
Even after the attack, over 1600 monuments, forts, temples stand still and survived the attack. Here you can see all the remains of the Vijayanagara empire.
Below is a link to the Wikipedia page of Hampi for more read
Agra Fort, Uttar Pradesh
•Situated in the city of Agra, the Agra Fort is also called the Red Fortress. And it is also one of the best historic places in India, to visit.
• Agra fort and its various buildings, monuments,is a symbol of the Mughul architecture. And the Complex Carvings on the fort symbolizes the Mughal culture.
• The fort was built using red sandstone and was constructed under the rule of Akbar. Akbar mainly used the fort for military purposes and the additions to the fort were made during the rule of Shah Jahan.
Things to see
• Jahangir Palace
Akbar built the Jahangir Palace in Agra Fort. Besides, being the resident of his Rajput wives it was one of the most important buildings during Akbar’s rule.
• Khas Mahal
Khas Mahal consists of 3 parts, the sleeping chamber, the baithak and the chamber of Telling Beads. And complex carvings cover its white marble interior.
• Musamman Burj
Musamman Burj is an octagonal tower.
• Diwan-I-Khas, a small hall meant for receiving important dignitaries
• Diwan-I-Aam, used to meet officials and for any listening
Below is a link to the Wikipedia page of Agra Fort