Winter Season is knocking at our doorstep. It is a season wherein being huddled in the quilt along with a hot cup of coffee or tea is an extremely tempting idea.
The beauty of the season is marred by the havoc it unleashes on our hair. Our otherwise shiny and smooth hair becomes dull, frizzy and unmanageable. To add to the misery, most of us suffer from hair fall, which can become a bane to a lot of our existence.
Hairfall in winter is caused by multiple factors. During winters the scalp gets dry leading to hair fall. Further, the scalp becomes a breeding ground for dandruff. Since dandruff deprives the hair follicle of receiving any vital nutrients essential for growth and development of hair, it leads to hair fall.
We want you to deal with hair fall in natural and pocket-friendly ways. Hence, in this article, we will discuss the top 5 ways to deal with hair fall using natural ingredients. So, let’s start with our list.
1) Aloe Vera
Rich in vitamins, minerals, amino acids, enzymes, sugars and salicylic acids, Aloe Vera is extremely helpful in dealing with skin and hair ailments. The fact that it is easily available in most of our household makes it most accessible and cheap.
The enzyme present in aloe vera helps in healing and restoring the dead skin cells of the scalp and promotes the growth of hair by nourishing the hair follicles. The moisturising and conditioning property of Aloe Vera further makes it a great ingredients to be included in our day to day regime.
- A Stalk Of Aloe Vera.
- If you don’t have Aloe Vera at your home. No big deal.As the market is flooded with lots of packed Aloe vera gel which are also effective.
What to do?
- If you are using aloe vera leaf, then first leave the aloe vera leaf in a standing position with the point from which you have cut the aloe leaves facing downwards. Then, Let the leaf be in a standing position for at least half an hour. This helps in removing the yellow colour plant latex present in aloe vera which is extremely toxic.
- Remove the colourless gel-like pulp with a knife or spoon.
- Now take the pulp or market bought aloe vera gel and apply it directly on the scalp in a circular motion.
- After an hour, wash your hair.
- Do this procedure twice a week to get better results. As this is an extremely effective way to deal with hair fall.
When life gives you lemon make lemonade. Or instead, you can use it to deal with the hair problems you are suffering from.
Lemon is extremely rich in Vitamin C and antioxidants, making it useful in dealing with hair fall and strengthening hair follicles. It is very helpful in eliminating dandruff and revitalises and unclogs the pores on the scalp. And it proves to be one of the easiest ways to deal with hair fall.
- Half of the lemon
- Coconut Oil
What to do?
- Take a teaspoon of coconut oil in a bowl.
- Squeeze the lemon juice in the bowl.
- Mix it well and apply the mixture on the scalp.
- Leave it for an hour at least.
- Wash your hair with a good shampoo.
- Follow this procedure once a week and get good results.
Fenugreek or methi is one of the most easily available ingredients in an Indian kitchen. It is loaded with vitamins, minerals and high protein. And is extremely beneficial for skin, hair, digestion and our body.
Fenugreek helps in preventing hair fall, strengthening the roots and improving the quality of the hair. It also helps in achieving smooth, silky and shiny hair.
- 1-Tablespoon of Fenugreek
What to do?
- Soak a tablespoon of Fenugreek in water and keep it overnight.
- In the morning, put the fenugreek in the grinder and make a paste.
- Apply this paste directly in your scalp and your hair.
- Leave it for an hour.
- Shampoo your hair.
- Use this hair mask once a week to get better results.
4) Onion Juice
Onion, one of the most widely used vegetables used in all of our kitchens, can be used to deal with hair fall effectively.
Onion is rich in sulphur which is required for the growth of hair. So using onion juice on scalp provides additional sulphur which facilitates thick hair growth and thereby reducing hair loss. Besides, it also improves the blood circulation on the scalp which further improves hair development as it increases blood flow to the hair follicles.
What to do?
- Take a peeled onion and grate it.
- Squeeze the grated onion and collect the juice in a bowl.
- Apply the onion juice on your scalp and on your hair strands.
- Leave it for about an hour.
- And Shampoo your hair afterwards.
- Apply this juice once a week to get strong and silky hair.
5) Chinese Hibiscus
Chinese Hibiscus is another gem that is extremely helpful in dealing with hair fall and other problems related to hair. It is comprised of vital nutrients like vitamin c, amino acid and phosphorus which helps us in getting strong, shiny and healthy hair.
Its composition facilitates in revitalising hair growth. In addition to this, it is a very effective natural conditioner for your hair which also helps with split ends, dandruff and dryness of hair.
- Hibiscus Flowers
- Hibiscus Leaves
- Coconut Oil
What to do?
- Wash the hibiscus flowers and leaves thoroughly to remove any impurities.
- Grind the flowers and leaves in the grinder to make a smooth paste.
- Take coconut oil in a pan and add the paste to it.
- Keep the mixture on the flame for a couple of minutes while mixing the content well.
- Let the mixture cool after taking it off the flame.
- Strain the mixture and store it in a container.
- Apply the mixture on your scalp and massage your scalp and hair gently.
- Wash your after an hour with a mild shampoo.
- Use this mixture twice a week to get a better result. Besides being a magical remedy it is also one of the most inexpensive ways to deal with hair fall.
Guys! Try these easy ways to prevent hair fall and tell us if the work for you or not.
And if you know any other tried and tested method to deal with hair fall then please do tell us in the comment section below.