The role of the internet in improving fashion sense in people and in the evolving fashion industry is immense. A few years ago, I used to roam around the whole city entering every shop in the area just to find the perfect dress I wanted. But now with a few clicks, I can know the latest trends, style and shop for the perfect attire through online shopping.
Following Are Some Of The Key Points On How Online Shopping Changed The Fashion Industry
Image Via The Shopaholics Diaries
- With the help of the internet, people are becoming open-minded and bold. They are willing to learn about foreign cultures and are trying to follow the fashion sense which was not accessible before. Thus, the fashion sense of people is dramatically improving.
- Before online shopping was introduced, we used to plan for days regarding which place to go, where to shop, what to buy, what to expect etc. But those days are a part of history now. The online shopping apps and many online programs changed the face of fashion and shopping. Therefore, today people shop from the comfort of their bedroom.
- In these days of online shopping, you can get what you want, when you want. And get the dresses delivered to your doorsteps. You can even return the dress if you don’t like it. But what about the fun we used to have when going out shopping, the old way? Well, it’s a part of the forgotten history.
- Internet plays a major role in exchanging the good aspects of different styles of clothing between various countries. For example, many westerners come to India and experience Indian culture. They follow Indian fashion and wear Kurta Pajama, Lungi, Saree and they love traditional wear. On the other hand, Indians are quickly getting accustomed to Western culture and fashion. This is only made possible and easy on the internet.
- A few years ago, the fashion enthusiasts used to travel from one country to another searching for new fashion and dressing techniques to come up with something new. This would take a lot of money and time. But now, you have got everything in that tiny screen called a ‘smartphone’. All you need to do is search for the keyword ‘fashion’ and you will be bombarded with a plethora of information.
Tips To Be Updated On The Latest Fashion Trends
- Get into the habit of reading fashion magazines. Fashion trends can change from day to day, including your hairstyle, clothing, the way you walk, the way you dress everything. To keep yourself updated, the best way is to read fashion magazines. Try Some of the well-known fashion magazines such as Vogue, Elle, Harper’s Bazaar, Glamour etc.
Image Via Vogue
- Know your body type and your age. Let’s be honest; different dresses suit different body types and different age groups. Just because Chris Hemsworth looks sexy in any T-shirt, it doesn’t mean that you will too. His physic matches the T-shirt, he is wearing and that’s why he looks good in it. Choose according to your body type.
- Watch TV programs based on fashion. Programs like Style by Jury and The Next Top Model aims to show the world that current fashion trends are more accessible now than ever before with the help of internet. Besides, Join few Facebook pages focused on fashion. If you find a celebrity having a good fashion sense, follow him/her on Instagram. As you can always learn something new from everyone.
Image Via Chron